The Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner has released the official cause of death for Celeste Rivas Fernandez, whose body was discovered in September 2025 in the trunk of a vehicle in the Hollywood Hills. The report concludes that Rivas Fernandez died from multiple penetrating injuries to the upper body, consistent with sharp‑force trauma, reported La Opinion. The manner of death has been ruled a homicide.
According to the autopsy findings, the injuries included multiple stab wounds that caused significant internal damage, including to the liver and ribs. The report also noted evidence of postmortem dismemberment and decomposition, indicating that the body had been concealed for an extended period before discovery.
Rivas Fernandez, 14, had been reported missing days before her remains were found. The discovery prompted a large‑scale investigation by the Los Angeles Police Department, which later led to the arrest of musician David Burke, known professionally as D4vd. Prosecutors have charged Burke with first‑degree murder, alleging that he personally used a sharp instrument in the killing.
Court filings show that investigators recovered multiple bags containing body parts from the trunk of a Tesla registered to Burke, reported CBS News. The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office has added special‑circumstance allegations, including lying in wait and financial gain, which could make the case eligible for a life‑without‑parole sentence if convicted.
Burke’s defense team has denied the allegations, stating that he had no involvement in Rivas Fernandez’s death and that the evidence will ultimately clear him. In a statement to USA Today Monday, Burke’s attorneys Blair Berk, Marilyn Bednarski and Regina Peter maintained the singer’s innocence.
“The actual evidence in this case will show that David Burke did not murder Celeste Rivas Hernandez and he was not the cause of her death,” the attorneys said. “We will vigorously defend David’s innocence.”
The case remains under active investigation as authorities continue to analyze forensic evidence and digital records to establish a complete timeline of events leading up to Rivas Fernandez’s death.
Rivas Fernandez’s family thanked the Los Angeles Police Department
In an April 21 statement shared with ABC7, the family thanked the Los Angeles Police Department and the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office “for their hard work,” as well as Lake Elsinore residents who have lent their support.
Celeste Rivas’s family has released a new photo of her.
Her parents also issued a new statement:
“Celeste was a beautiful, strong girl who loved to sing and dance. Every Friday night was movie night, and we spent wonderful times together. We love her very much, and she always… pic.twitter.com/uUMYZt2uov
— FearBuck (@FearedBuck) April 22, 2026
“Celeste was a beautiful, strong girl who loved to sing and dance. Every Friday night was movie night and we spent wonderful times together. We love her very much and she always told us that she loved us. We miss her deeply,” the statement read. “All we want is Justice for Celeste.”
David Anthony Burke Pleads Not Guilty to Murder and Child Abuse Charges
Arrestan a D4vid
Como principal sospechoso del asesinato de Celeste Rivas Hernández de 15 años, cuyo cadaver fue encontrado en la cajuela de su Tesla. D4vd salía con Celeste desde que ella tenía 11 años pic.twitter.com/Bemv6rGqgX— victor x (@victorxoriginal) April 17, 2026
D4vd, whose real name is David Anthony Burke, made his first courtroom appearance on April 20, facing multiple felony charges including first-degree murder, continuous sexual abuse of a child under the age of 14, and unlawful mutilation of human remains. During the hearing, Burke entered a plea of not guilty to all charges.
According to court records, Burke remains in custody without bail as the investigation continues. Prosecutors allege that the crimes involve severe acts of violence and abuse, though specific details have not yet been publicly disclosed due to the ongoing nature of the case and the involvement of a minor victim.
D4vd se ha declarado NO CULPABLE de asesinato y otros cargos relacionados con la muerte de Celeste Rivas Hernández.
▫️ Abuso s*x**l continuo de una niña
▫️ Asesinato
▫️ Asesinato por lucro
▫️ Asesinato para impedir testimonios
▫️ Asesinato mediante emboscada— AlejandroPogU (@AlejandroPogU2) April 20, 2026
The judge scheduled future court proceedings to address pretrial motions and evidence review. Legal experts note that the charges carry the potential for life imprisonment if Burke is convicted.
Authorities have not released additional information about the victim or the circumstances surrounding the alleged offenses. The case continues to draw significant public attention as investigators work to piece together the events leading up to the charges.
Can D4vd face the Death Penalty?
If convicted of first-degree murder, Burke could face the death penalty or life imprisonment without the possibility of parole. The judge scheduled future court proceedings to address pretrial motions and evidence review.
Authorities have not released additional information about the victim or the circumstances surrounding the alleged offenses. The case continues to draw significant public attention as investigators work to piece together the events leading up to the charges.
Is D4vd talking in code about Celeste Rivas Hernandez’s death?2h>
D4vd says “She is not in my life anymore.”
Resurfaced footage of D4vd talking in CODE, saying his connection with his ex, Celeste Rivas Hernandez, was “CUT & SEV3RED” “She’s not in my life anymore.” The teen was found DISM3MBERED in his trunk after this interview 👀😳💔 pic.twitter.com/hCiuFaGAGz
— Frxmzy🔪 (@Frxmzy) April 22, 2026
Image Source
- Celeste Rivas Hernandez: Twitter















Leave a Reply